Commercial EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report)
What is an EICR?
An EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) is a report into the condition of an electrical installation, it used to be known as a periodic testing report. It is a document that is produced following an assessment of the electrical installation within a property.
What is the purpose of an EICR?
The purpose is to highlight any safety issues or deviations from the current revision of BS7671 wiring regulations and to ensure you are compliant with relevant workplace safety legislation.
How often is an EICR required?
For many commercial businesses, an EICR, will be required every five years. However, higher risk environments will require three yearly or even annual testing. Frequency is determined by the nature of the installation, how often it is used and the environment in which the electrical installation is located.
5 yearly fixed wire testing
For many commercial businesses, an EICR, which used to be called a periodic testing report, will be required at the lowest frequency interval – every five Years, but routine inspections should be made at least annually.
Typical workplaces require Fixed Wire Testing every five years include:
- Offices and retail outlets
- Public houses and restaurants
- Hotels (excluding spa hotels)
- Schools, colleges and universities
- Community centres and churches
- Care homes and hospitals (excluding medical locations)
- Houses of multiple occupancy
3 yearly fixed wire testing
Higher risk environments will require three yearly or even more frequent testing. Higher risk environments include anywhere exposing the installation to extreme temperatures, moisture or dust or that are open to the general public.
Typical workplaces or environments which require Fixed Wire Testing every three years include:
- Spa hotels and leisure centres – 3 years
- Industrial Units (including manufacturing facilities, warehouses, workshops and maintenance garages) – 3 years
- Theatres and places of public entertainment – 3 years
- Caravans – 3 years
- Cinemas – 1 year (front of house), 3 years (back of house)
- Agricultural or horticultural establishments – 3 years
Annual fixed wire testing
Typical workplaces or environments which require annual Fixed Wire Testing include:
- Medical locations in hospitals or clinics – 1 year
- Swimming pools and saunas – 1 year
- Caravan Parks and Marinas - 1 year
- Laundrettes and Petrol Stations – 1 year
It should be noted that all periods stated above are maximum intervals. Deterioration of an electrical installation may mean that more frequent tests are required.
Commercial EICR testing across Essex, Suffolk and North London
If you require an EICR at your property contact us. If you are unsure which category your business falls into, please contact ABS Property Services today to speak to a member of our team for advice.
Available 365 days of the year
Honest and professional
Our customers are very important to us, as is our reputation. Our workforce is experienced and fully qualified and we believe in on-going training and development. This has developed our business into an efficient reactive maintenance provider of plumbing, electrical, drainage and heating services.
North London | Essex | Suffolk